I am inspired by the workings and mystery of the natural world. Travel and the oddities of twenty-first century life also provide plenty to ponder.
- Best of the Net nomination, 2016
- Pushcart nomination, 2015
- Second-place winner in the Kakalak 15 anthology, published in 2015 by Main Street Rag of Charlotte, NC
- 2014 featured poet in Cave Region Review
- Second-place winner in the 2013 Second Tuesday Poetry Series at Flyleaf Books in Chapel Hill, NC
I coordinated the Vermont College of Fine Arts summer residency in Slovenia from 2006 through 2010 and edited for literary journals including Hunger Mountain and Rain City Review. I also taught as a poet in the schools in Portland, Oregon, where I lived until 2011.
I am the editor-in-chief of the national award-wining Environmental Factor, the flagship newsletter of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, part of the National Institutes of Health. I hold a Masters of Fine Arts fromVCFA and a Bachelors degree in environmental science from the University of Virginia.
- North Carolina Poetry Society
- North Carolina Writers Network
- University Research Magazine Association
- National Science Writers Association
- Association of Writers and Writing Programs