I am inspired by the workings and mystery of the natural world. Travel and the oddities of twenty-first century life also provide plenty to ponder.
- Best of the Net nomination, 2016
- Pushcart nomination, 2015
- Second-place winner in the Kakalak 15 anthology, published in 2015 by Main Street Rag of Charlotte, NC
- 2014 featured poet in Cave Region Review
- Second-place winner in the 2013 Second Tuesday Poetry Series at Flyleaf Books in Chapel Hill, NC
I coordinated the Vermont College of Fine Arts summer residency in Slovenia from 2006 through 2010 and edited for literary journals including Hunger Mountain and Rain City Review. I also taught as a poet in the schools in Portland, Oregon, where I lived until 2011.
I am the editor-in-chief of the Environmental Factor, for the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, part of the National Institutes of Health. My Masters of Fine Arts was earned at VCFA and my Bachelors degree in environmental science at the University of Virginia.
- North Carolina Poetry Society
- North Carolina Writers Network
- American Literary Translators Association
- National Science Writers Association
- Association of Writers and Writing Programs